Renovation and diversity to parks and recreation

I'm an outdoors and athletic type person and when I was younger, I've spent ample time in the community parks. My most favorite to this day is the city of Atlanta park Washington park. I've first hand seen how that, now beautiful and community friendly park, transformed from a dangerous and hazardous to what it is now.
I've recently been wanting to get into doing anything that has exercise and fitness to prevent myself from heart failure at such a young age.

 The drive for decent parks is too long. there is a park 5 mins from my house however the parks aren't really community friendly. The playgrounds are old and dated. There isn't new exercise equipment. There isn't proper care for the parks and the land is often neglected resulting in the decline in popularity and overall use of the parks.
I would like to see an increase in the usage of public parks and their recreational facilities, but why update and restore the parks?
My number one reason is because not everyone can afford (or wants) to pay for community centers fitness centers and gyms such as YMCA, Boys and Girls club or La Fitness or Planet Fitness. Yes these facilities are high grade but i do not believe that they are payed for by the city government and taxes.
one more reason is because people use newer things more frequently. I know I would use the parks in my area if they were updated. The Fulton county park would be an ideal place for different activities . I also would like to see diversity in the activities that happen with in the parks. When I go to the website for our parks and rec I see a limited amount off activities for everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we bring difference and change into black communities?

Below I.20 Bringing The south to the light.